You can sign up for a stimulus check even if you have $0 in income. Anyone can sign up, as long as you have not been claimed as a dependent on someone else’s taxes.
Use the forms below if:
- You have not been declared a dependent on someone else’s taxes
- You have not yet filed taxes for tax year 2019
- You or your children did not yet receive stimulus checks.
- For parents with kids under 17: If you see one of the websites below write that people who get Social Security should not use this form IGNORE THIS. You must file to get checks for your kids.
- Another option is to wait til the end of 2020 and the file a tax return. You can file a tax return even if you have $0 in income. You will get your stimulus check, or your kid’s checks then.
TURBO TAX TOOL
Sign up using TurboTax: Sign Up for Your Stimulus Check.
FREE TAX USA TOOL
Sign up using the Stimulus Tool at FreeTaxUSA. Scroll down and click on the button “Stimulus only returns.”
IRS has launched a new tool for people who do not normally file taxes. Simple IRS form for stimulus checks.
- IRS announced a deadline for this tool. We do not know if forms are still being processed.
- Some people are having trouble using this site on cell phones. Try selecting “desktop view” or use one of the other sites instead.
- It asks for a state ID or driver’s license. If you don’t have one, you can leave that blank
This blog was created by people with ME/CFS (Sometimes called “Chronic Fatigue Syndrome”).
Being homebound is nothing new to us. Many of us have been homebound or bedridden for five, or ten, or twenty years.
There is now a great deal of support, understanding, and help available to people staying home during Coronavirus, but none of this was available to us all these years, and when Coronavirus is over, it may go away again.
As you go about your day, please take a moment to think about your homebound friends. You may be able to go back out someday, but we may never be able to.