Ten super smart chickadees who did super smart things to win their disability cases for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis or “Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.” We hope these stories will help give you hope and a few good ideas:
🌺 “Two weeks before my hearing, I met my attorney and he told me that I needed a doctor’s letter to make my case stronger. (He was right!).”
🌺 “When I got to court, the lawyer said I had the best documentation she had seen all month.”
🌺 Social Security has a special ruling that can help people applying for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
🌺 “My mom was right: you have to do everything yourself.”
🌺 “You don’t have to prove you are sick. You have to prove you can’t work. It seems like a small shift in perspective, but it is significant.”
🌺 “We put ten things in one envelope. Six months later, I got approved”
🌺 “I thought I had seen all my medical records. I was wrong.”
🌺 Reconsideration is a short appeal step that happens right after the first decision. If you are in reconsideration stage, please read Poppy’s story.
🌺 “Why were my friend’s records so different than mine? I guess I will never know the answer, but I have a theory.”
Doctors’ Letters, Medical Tests, and Reports
- Sample Function Forms for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Other Conditions
- Lotus’ Letter for Lyme and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Doctor Lapp’s Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Letter
- Dr. Rowe’s Disability Letter for POTs, Migraines. ME and CFS
- Dr. Fein’s Medical Summary for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Lyme Disease
- Dr. Lange’s Neuropsychological Report for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Lavender’s CPET Test for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
LTD is disability offered through your employer. It is different than Social Security. Three stories of people who were approved for LTD for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.